These policies apply only to this Website, which consists solely of those web pages we control. You should determine what privacy policies apply to other web sites before providing information to them. If you have questions or concerns regarding these policies, or any other aspect of the website or your use of it, please
Table of Contents
- What kinds of information does Essi Systems, Inc. collect from me?
- What Personally Identifiable Information does Essi Systems, Inc. collect from me?
- How does Essi Systems, Inc. use my information?
- What are cookies and how does Essi Systems, Inc. use them?
- Can I disable cookies?
- What does Essi Systems, Inc. do with email addresses I provide?
- With whom does Essi Systems, Inc. share my information?
- What are my choices regarding collection, use, and distribution of my information?
- How you can modify or correct your information.
- Essi Systems, Inc.’s commitment to data security.
- Additional Information.
- Changes in policies; terms and conditions.
What kinds of information does Essi Systems, Inc. collect from me?
Information collected online is often defined as being either anonymous or personally identifiable:
- “Personally Identifiable Information” refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name, phone number, the IP (or Internet Protocol) address of the computer you are using, or postal address. Examples of the use of such information is to help manage your account and to provide a customized experience as you use our Services.
What Personally Identifiable Information does Essi Systems, Inc. collect from me?
Essi Systems, Inc. may collect information about you in several ways from our Website. Some personal information is gathered when you request a test drive or purchase a product. During a 21 Day Club with a Map Test Drive request, Essi Systems, Inc. asks for your name, title, company name, e-mail address, phone number and information regarding the solutions that you are interested in. You can also enter information in our Comments box. When you purchase a product(s) from Essi Systems, Inc., Essi Systems asks for your shipping preference, name, company name (optional), country, billing address, shipping address, phone number, credit card number, credit card expiration date, credit card authorization number, and order notes. This information is used to verify your identity, bill you for purchase as well as notify you of any event that may affect your Essi Systems, Inc. services. Your IP address may also be obtained when you visit the Website. Once you contact us you are no longer anonymous to Essi Systems, Inc. We may ask you for personal information at other times, including (but not limited to) when you report a problem with one of our Services. If you contact Essi Systems, Inc., we may keep a record of that correspondence. Essi Systems, Inc. also may occasionally ask users to complete surveys that we use for research purposes.
Although unlikely, Essi Systems, Inc. may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Personally Identifiable Information to the appropriate governmental authorities. If requested by law enforcement or judicial authorities, we will provide this information upon receipt of the appropriate documentation.
How does Essi Systems, Inc. use my information?
Essi Systems, Inc.’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you, the user, with a customized experience on our web sites. This includes personalization services, interactive communications, and online registration for Essi Systems, Inc. services. Essi Systems, Inc. does not provide any advertising for any non-Essi Systems, Inc. products or services. You may receive administrative emails from Essi Systems, Inc.
Essi Systems, Inc. does research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us upon registration, during a promotion, from our server log files or from surveys.
We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. Essi Systems, Inc. may share this aggregated data business partners.
Finally, if we believe that Essi Systems, Inc.’s property or an individual’s safety or security is at risk, we will disclose this information to proper court or law enforcement agencies.
What are cookies and how does Essi Systems, Inc. use them?
- Remind us of who you are and to access your account information (stored on our computers) in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized interactive service.
- Estimate our audience size. Each browser accessing Essi Systems, Inc. is given a unique cookie which is then used to determine the extent of repeat usage, usage by a registered user versus by an unregistered user, and to help target services based on user interests and behavior.
- Measure certain traffic patterns, which areas of Essi Systems, Inc.’s web site you have visited, and your visiting patterns in the aggregate. We use this research to understand how our users’ habits are similar or different from one another so that we can make each new experience on Essi Systems, Inc. a better one. We may use this information to better personalize the content and promotions that you and other users will see on our sites.
- There is a lot of confusion about cookies, how they are used, and what they can do. Cookies only contain information that the server computer “knew” in the first place, and can only be read by the serving domain that placed them. Each website utilizes its own cookie and does not access the cookies placed by other sites. Thus, if you frequent many websites, you will have a cookie from each of those websites automatically stored on your computer. If you have ever gone to a website that automatically provides personalized content without you having to “sign in,” such as your own stock portfolio, this is almost certainly being accomplished with a cookie. Since cookies are only text files, they cannot “run” on your computer and have no ability to search your computer for other information, or transmit it to anyone.
Can I disable cookies?
You also have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies you will be unable to use Essi Systems, Inc. services. However, you may delete your Essi Systems, Inc. cookie after logging out of the Essi Systems, Inc. site.
What does Essi Systems, Inc. do with email addresses I provide?
Essi Systems, Inc. only uses email addresses you provide to contact you regarding your account, the Services or other administrative matters and to send you email reminders for your new behavior change process. Essi Systems, Inc. does not sell, compile into any type of mailing list, or otherwise use your email addresses for any type of email solicitation.
With whom does Essi Systems, Inc. share my information?
As a general rule, Essi Systems, Inc. does not sell, rent or otherwise give your Personally Identifiable Information to any other party except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or under the circumstances described below. Thus, we would not sell your name, email address or other personal information to mass marketers. The following describes some of the ways that your information may be disclosed.
Business Partners & Sponsors: Essi Systems, Inc. may disclose your personal information to business partners or sponsors, but this is specifically described to you prior to data collection or prior to transferring the data. Some or all data collected during an Essi Systems, Inc. promotion may be shared with a sponsor. If Personally Identifiable Information about you will be shared, we will tell you before we collect or transfer the data. Many promotions offer opportunities to request additional information from sponsors. By requesting more information, you give Essi Systems, Inc. permission to transfer your personal information to the sponsor so they can fulfill your request. In many instances, only your email address will be shared. If more information will be shared with the sponsor, you will be notified prior to the transfer.
Purchases: If you make a purchase from Essi Systems, Inc. or from a merchant partner of Essi Systems, Inc., and the information you give such as your credit card number and contact information is provided to Essi Systems, Inc. and/or the merchants. This is to enable transactions to take place.
Essi Systems, Inc. merchant partners have separate privacy and data collection practices. Essi Systems, Inc. has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. For more information regarding the merchant, their store, and their privacy policies, return to that store’s home page and click on their information link.
Third Party Data & Data in the Aggregate: Under confidentiality agreements, Essi Systems, Inc. may match user information with third party data. Also, Essi Systems, Inc. discloses aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to prospective partners, organizational clients, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
Other: Essi Systems, Inc. may also disclose account information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating Essi Systems, Inc.’s Terms of Service or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Essi Systems, Inc.’s rights or property, other Essi Systems, Inc. users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. Essi Systems, Inc. may disclose or access account information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it and for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service, and improve our products and services.
What are my choices regarding collection, use, and distribution of my information?
Essi Systems, Inc. may, from time to time, send you email regarding our products and services. In addition, if you indicated upon registration that you are interested in receiving offers or information from Essi Systems, Inc. and our partners, we may occasionally send you direct mail or email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. Only Essi Systems, Inc. (or agents working on behalf of Essi Systems, Inc. and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these direct mailings and only if you indicated that you do not object to these offers. If you do not want to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information. Or, at any time you can easily edit your Essi Systems, Inc. Account Information to no longer receive such offers and mailings.
How you can modify or correct your information?
Essi Systems, Inc. believes strongly in providing you with the ability to access and edit the personal information that you have provided to us. To update the information retained about you please
Essi Systems, Inc.’s Commitment to Data Security
Essi Systems, Inc. has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We use industry-standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption, which makes it difficult for third parties to access information on the Website.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to our team.
Changes In Policies; Terms and Conditions
©1983-2020 Essi Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.